Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Way I Like It

     My ideal communicative situation would be video. I am a very visual person, and I find that communicating in person is always more effective than communicating through other methods. I like looking people in the eyes when I speak to them, eliciting and analyzing their facial expressions, and listening to their responses. When I watch television or watch a video online, I like the stimulation of multiple senses. I like to hear their voices and see their faces.
     Many businesses or corporations continue to travel to meet international clients to settle deals and present proposals. This face to face contact improves rapport, encourages amicable relations and facilitates communication. Today, some companies hold video conferences to replace such meetings, however the need to visualize your audience (or speaker) is still the key idea. This contact is valuable to a social being like the human.
     If it were up to me, I would communicate through video. It would be faster than other methods, I could easily use my voice to emphasize words or display emotion. My audience would sense sarcasm for example and could sense a change in my tone. Emotion is hard to present on paper. Listening without seeing your object requires more attention. Video should be the prime method of communication, and thanks to today's technology, such a thing may soon be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment