Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Materiality of the Essay

  • Heading contains name and date due.
  • Title is the logo for the item
  • Double spaced
  • Times New Roman Font Size 12
  • Small paragraphs
  • 1'' Margins
  • Work Cited page
  • Black font
  • One sided paper
  • 5 1/2 pages long
  • White paper
  • Portrait
     White paper for essays helps the paper look more clear. It helps the black font color I used to stand out. I chose black because throughout my years in school, I've always been told to write in black font. I suppose the black font makes the paper look more serious instead of using color. I used Times New Roman 12 font to generate interest in my subject. I chose my title because  I found the logo to be very catchy. Double spaced papers helps lets your eyes follow the lines better. I used a work cited page cause I did research and used facts from different sources. I usually like writing small paragraphs because it makes the reader want to read the paper more instead of just going on and on in one paragraph about one idea. In this paper, I did everything for the reader. Tried to make it as clear as possible and magnetizing to read. 

3 comments:

  1. "I chose black because throughout my years in school, I've always been told to write in black font. I suppose the black font makes the paper look more serious instead of using color."

    That is something that we all have said. I'm pretty sure everyone who was interviewed said that they use black because that is what they are told to do. I'm sure a lot of us still use black pens for the same reason when writing anything other than notes. That brings me to question though, could you make a serious paper with the font color pink on purple paper?

    " I used Times New Roman 12 font to generate interest in my subject. "

    This leads me to actually question who the font would generate interested in your subject when that is what everyone mainly does. I personally prefer the default font on macs. I would find a paper more interesting if the fonts and sizes changed like on our directions paper for small object, large subject paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your reasoning behind your methods of writing. I agree that the paper is easier to read with the standard formatting. I am not someone who usually writes in small paragraphs, but I like how all of your methods suit the reader. Why write a paper that the reader struggles finishing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Essentially, in your writing, you're describing MLA format. I, too, used this style for my writing and I agree with you 100%. Though the paper may appear "simple" by being all black and white and with plain text, your words are well thought out and therefore are able to brightly shine in the monochrome essay.

    ReplyDelete